Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: 20th Anniversary

  1. #11
    Inactive Member ErinGoBraugh's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Posts
    182
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love the ideas discussed in this thread! AG, are you listening? [img]smile.gif[/img] Except...I can't believe I'm now considered "old" enough that there could be a doll from the era of my childhood. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    On a side note, I totally had those Sam & Libby ballet flats, and I'd forgotten all about them until now. I loved wearing them with my flowered stirrup stretch pants and my purple swing top. Ahh, memories. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar

    Wink

    The convention idea sounds fabulous!!!!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member TaffyCheerful's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2002
    Posts
    544
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by americangirlsrus:
    she loves that 80's look, especially the high side ponytails! LOL!! Personally, I hope those trends don't come back!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ahh, "poodle ears"... I would love to see those come back...

    Taffy

  4. #14
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I kind of missed the '80's, as I was chasing toddlers that decade, but it would be nice to see an '80's AGOT wardrobe. And, I would be first in line to attend an AG adult collector's convention! Anyone have connections to cheap or free meeting space?
    (Charlotte, NC has pretty good weather most of the year [img]wink.gif[/img] )

  5. #15
    Inactive Member mcknute's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2005
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by mayergirl:
    I think a couple of us have mentioned that in the past, and I would love it! I'd also love a re-release of the first catalogue, and new outfits for the original three girls. I'd also absolutely love to see a little book showing where each of the girls would be twenty years after their first book, with a section about girls who got their first doll in 1986, and where they are today.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I personally love the idea of a limited edition 80s doll, maybe with a cute doll-sized reproduction of the first AG catalogue (not sure if there would be that many people interested in a full-sized reproduction, sadly).

    Concerning the historical dolls, I personally imagine/hope that eventually AG will release a second set of novels for each doll, chronicling their adventures when they're 15 years old or so. Teenagers were cool to admire when I was a little girl, and if that's true for a lot of girls I would think that AG would capitalize on that. Maybe one of the book titles would be "[Kaya, Felicity, etc.] Falls In Love" [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Plus, we'd be able to see how the girls react to different historical events, like Felicity handling the Revolutionary War, or how Molly's family reacts to McCarthyism. That's just my two cents.

    Mollie

  6. #16
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by ErinGoBraugh:
    I love the ideas discussed in this thread! AG, are you listening? [img]smile.gif[/img] Except...I can't believe I'm now considered "old" enough that there could be a doll from the era of my childhood. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    On a side note, I totally had those Sam & Libby ballet flats, and I'd forgotten all about them until now. I loved wearing them with my flowered stirrup stretch pants and my purple swing top. Ahh, memories. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Like, gag me with a spoon - We must be the same age: mini-skirts, ankle boots, BIG hair teased to the heavens and a ton of makeup. It was definitely not the era of "natural beauty!"

  7. #17
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sent them an email about this, and got the standard old, "thanks but we cant take suggestions."

    Dear Cami,

    Thank you for your e-mail. We are complimented by your request for a
    special doll for our 20th Anniversary.

    We have a Product Development Department that is constantly working on
    new and exciting products for our various collections. As you can
    imagine, we have many ideas that have yet to move off the drawing boards
    and into development.

    For that reason, American Girl, Inc. cannot accept any unsolicited idea
    or product suggestions. You can understand that this policy prevents
    any misunderstanding as to the intellectual ownership of our ideas.
    Your comments and insights, however, help us to determine if we are
    meeting the needs and interests of the girls we serve.

    We appreciate your interest in American Girl?!

    Sincerely,

    American Girl? Customer Service
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, at least they're "complimented" by the idea. I'm not exactly sure how that's a compliment, but whatever works for them.

    I guess I really just hope they do *something* more than those t-shirts PC did for the 10th.

    I would LOVE to see some new books for ALL the girls (no leaving anyone out, that's not fair) when theyre just a bit older. Older enough that we can see more of their lives, without seeing TOO MUCH. 15-16 would be great. I can see them NOT doing this, though [img]frown.gif[/img] I think they've tried too many times to hit that older audience, and they keep failing because of the products. They probably think its their marketing at an older age range, I really just think the GOML dolls with their non-changable clothes and the MINIS with no real play value weren't the smartest ideas!

  8. #18
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The 80s were definitely not the era of natural beauty, LOL. I was a bridesmaid for my brother's wedding when I was about 16 years old in 1980. I wore a burgundy polyester blend long, sleeveless gown. I have very dark brown/black hair, and I really piled on the RED lipstick and black eyeliner. WHY oh WHY didn't anyone tell me to tone it down? All that make-up and that big hair!! I looked like a streetwalker and at a wedding! But, everyone else looked the same way. Yeah, the 80s - gotta love it.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can just picture it now -

    Hightop Rebboc Sneakers
    Scrunched Down Socks
    Stirup Leggings
    Large Oversized Top
    Tall Hair

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    I was a kid/early teens in the 80s. I graduated from Jr. High school in 1990. Things I remember from being a kid/early teens-

    New Kids on the Block(I still have the dolls and a pillow and all the cassettes, not CDs)

    My Cabbage Patch dolls(I had twins!)

    Child Star sitcoms-Diffrent strokes, Full House, Facts of Life, Silver Spoons, Growning Pains, Punky Brewster, Family Ties, etc.

    Saturday Morning Cartoons-the Smurfs, Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Gummi Bears, Alf, etc.

    Playing with Barbies, Speak and Spell/Math/Read,
    Nintendo(original) with Super Mario and Duck Hunt with the laser gun

    Garbage pail cards(I hated them but everyone else had them)

    Neon colors, stonewashed jeans, big shirts with leggings or bike shorts and slouch socks

    High tops sneakers, espec. Reebok, L.A. gear

    Bangs teased with tons of Rave hairspray and big chunky earrings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •